Basic Rules Governing All Behavior:
- Please respect the rights of others
- Please respect the arena’s property and the property of others
Figure Skating Ice Rules:
- Help keep our facility neat and clean. Place all trash, snacks, used tissues, etc. into the proper receptacles.
- You must purchase and place Freestyle Stickers on the FS Log Sheet prior to taking the ice. Failure to do so will result in a sticker penalty.
- It is your responsibility to be on time for all sessions. Pick up a new freestyle calendar each month to be sure of the times and any changes for the freestyle sessions.
- Each skater is allowed to have their music played at least once, but no more than three times during a freestyle session. You may not re-start your music.
- The skater doing their program to music, in a lesson has the right of way. Skaters in a lesson have 2nd right of way. Skaters in a program out of lesson have next right of way. (These right of way order rules are subject to change, as the programs develop and the level of skaters grow)
- Coaches and Skaters, please be courteous regarding the music playing. Please find a reasonable volume, and take note who is skating/utilizing the music, before adjusting volume of music.
- Coaches have priority over the use of music while giving a regular lesson (of at least 15 minutes) to their student.
- Advanced and beginner skaters need to watch out for each other. There will be no yelling of any kind to another skater if they happen to get in your way. This is a large ice surface, adjust your pattern.
- Avoid socializing while on the ice. Unless skating with a partner, skaters are to practice individually.
- Care must be used at all times to insure a safe freestyle session.
- When the Olympia comes out, all skaters, including anyone doing a program run through, must stop and exit the ice promptly.
- Only coaches may use the jump harness. Please limit your harness time so everyone can take advantage of it. While using the jump harness, you are responsible to yield the right of way to all others.
- Using obscene language at any time will not be tolerated. Intent to intimidate others
- Whenever possible, a Music Attendant will monitor Freestyle Sessions.
- Music Attendants will be in charge of playing programs for these sessions.
- The Music Attendant will start playing skater programs five (5) minutes after the start of each session.
- Skaters will submit their music to the Music Monitor, who will write the skaters names down in the order received, skaters please submit your CDs to the monitor, as you would for competition practice.
- Programs will be played in a rotation, based on the order CDs were submitted to the Music Attendant.
- If a coaches place a request, the Music Attendant will play the coaches’ request and then return to the skater’s play list. Coaches please, attempt to limit your requests to one (1) per 15 minute lesson. (ie. 2 times per 30 min lesson, etc), please be considerate of the skaters not in lesson, having an opportunity to run their programs as well.
- Music Restarts will be permitted only if there is a problem with the music in the first 30 seconds.
- If a session is light, or if only a few cd’s are submitted, they may be played in rotation, without limiting the opportunity # to run programs (within reason!).
MUSIC PLAYER PROCEDURES
- Please list the skater order in which they submit their CD or name for the music rotation list. If they have an IPOD, you can write in their name in the order of their reporting to the Music Attendant.
- Coaches Requests will be played during their lesson. The coaches should only request a program once per 15 minute lesson, however if a session is light enough and music submissions allow, we will permit, in best judgement, an additional program play. If this is abused, the practice will be eliminated by the FS Director or the person placed in responsibility of the FS at the time of the session.