Goals For Max
On Friday, September 20, a long time member of our extreme ice family, Max Soroka suffered a massive stroke which nearly took his life. At only 33, this came as quite the shock to his wife, Victoria, and their 2-year-old son Thomas. The stroke has left Max entirely paralyzed on his left side and in ICU for at least 5-6 more weeks followed by intense rehabilitation. Doctors are still not confident that he will fully regain feeling and movement on the left side. While he is and out of consciousness, a tube must remain to his brain to drain the blood from the stroke. Aside from the emotional and physical toll on his young family, there is a financial burden which accompanies, as Max is the sole bread winner.
Max’s extended work family at both Bojangles’ Coliseum and the Extreme Ice Center have started this GoFundMe to spread the word about such a beloved employee and his family in their time of need.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated by Max and his family to help with covering not only the everyday living expenses but also the mounting medical bills.
Thank you, in advance, for your kindness and generosity.
Click here: https://www.gofundme.com/
- Gift Card collection – mail or drop off to XIC in care of “Goals for Max”
- Zamboni Cutouts for $1 at the front desk
- Center Ice Tavern girls plan to donate 50% of all CASH tips this coming Saturday (28th)
- OTHA CanAm Charity Game this Saturday 28th (1pm-5pm), at Bojangles Arena will be donating all money raised to Max. They would love for spectators and still looking for 7 C3 players.
The Extreme Ice Center (XIC) invites Adult players to participate in the
“Goals for Max Adult Jamboree”
Saturday, October 26th.
This Jamboree is open to all adults (18+).
All proceeds from this event will go to Max Soroka and his family.
Max’s extended work family at the Extreme Ice Center plans to host the “Goals for Max Adult Jamboree” to raise money for such a beloved employee and his family in their time of need.
We will offer two divisions of play for the jamboree. Division schedules are as follows:
Upper Division (B and C1 Level): 1:40 PM to 3:10 PM
Lower Division (C2 and C3 Level): 3:10 PM to 4:40 PM
Check-in time is 1:00 PM for the Upper Division and 2:30 PM for the Lower Division
The cost per participant is $35.00
Each player will receive:
- 3, 20-minute games
- Registered players will be selected to play on random teams of 6 players and 1 goalie.
- This Jamboree is limited to the first 84 players and goalies registered
This event is a charity event to raise money for Max Soroka and his family.
Upper Division Registration (B and C1 Level Players):
Lower Division Registration (C2 and C3 Level Players):