General Information on Adult Skating Classes
The Adult curriculum is designed for both beginning and experienced adult skaters who wish to improve their skating skills. Participation in the program will help promote physical fitness and improve balance and coordination while teaching proper skating techniques. This is an exciting program for people who look to skating as an enjoyable part of a fit and healthy lifestyle. Divided into six levels from basic skating to more advanced skills, adult skaters will progress at an individual rate while being challenged and motivated. Based on prior skating experience, adults may choose to begin at the level that best matches their skill base.
Adult Coffee Club
- Classes are geared towards adults who want to work at their own pace
- No skating experience required
- Please register at least 48 hours prior to the start of your desired session
- Click here for the most updated class information
- Please note that there is a $25 price increase 48 hours prior to the beginning of the session.
Adult Learn to Skate
This class is geared toward adult skaters at varying levels. Skills will range from ust entering the ice for the first time, up through basic & more advanced jumping and spinning skills. The class is designed to follow the Learn to Skate USA Adult Curriculum.
*Please note that there is a $25 price increase 48 hours prior to the first day of class.
To ensure class placement, please register at least 48 hours prior to the first class day.
- All skaters should arrive 15 minutes before class starts
- Please allow for extra time on the first day of class
- We recommend that you dress warmly, and in layers.
- Always wear gloves or mittens (even in the summer!)
- Helmets are strongly recommended
- Extreme Ice Center does not provide helmets
- Ice Skates should fit snugly. You should be able to wiggle your toes slightly
- Always wear thin socks for a better fit
- If you plan on purchasing skates for yourself, please consult one of our professionals
Learn to Skate USA
The mission of Learn to Skate USA is to provide a fun and positive experience that will instill a lifelong
love of skating. As the only ice skating program endorsed by US Figure Skating, USA Hockey, US Speedskating, and the Professional Skaters Association, Learn to Skate USA offers every participant a rewarding experience rooted in the lifelong benefits of ice skating.
All participants must enroll and pay an annual program Registration Fee with Learn to Skate USA. Your membership number is required to register for classes at the Extreme Ice Center. Keep your number on hand for future registrations. Registration year is July 1-June 30.
Your Registration includes an official USFS Basic Skills membership card, progress record book, sport accident insurance, and basic skills edition of SKATING.Learn to Skate USA Registration
Have questions? Please give us a call at the rink and we would be happy to answer them!
Ready to register? Click below!CLICK TO REGISTER