Extreme Ice Center is a proud participant of US Figure Skating’s Learn to Skate- USA. Classes are organized into age specific levels and designed for any beginner to acquire the necessary skills to enjoy the sport of Ice Skating.
Requirements: All participants must sign up for a membership with Learn to Skate USA prior to registration of any programs at Extreme Ice Center.
- Snowplow Sam 1-4 Classes are designed for our littlest skaters ages 3 to 5 years.
- Basic Skills 1-6 is designed for ages 6+.
- Pre Free Skate & Freestyle programs are designed as a bridge for skaters to move into competitive skating.
- The Adult Skating program is a great way for adults to stay active!
Dress Attire: Always wear thin tall socks for a better skate fit. (no ankle socks)
Please note that before participating in hockey classes, you must complete Snowplow Sam 3 or Basic Skills 3.
Carolinas Figure Skating Club
Mission Statement: To foster a supportive and positive skating community which enhances the achievement of goals for all through the highest standards of leadership, professionalism and sportsmanship.
US Figure Skating
U.S. Figure Skating is the national governing body for the sport of figure skating in the United States.
Annual memberships are valid July 1st – June 30th
With your annual fee of $16* you will:
- Be a member of the best skating program endorsed by U.S. Figure Skating, USA Hockey and US Speedskating.
- Gain great information to make sure your first glides on ice are successful ones.
- Access full listings of where to sign up for skating classes.**
- Receive a Welcome Packet in the mail, which includes a subscription to Learn To Skate USA The Magazine valued at $3 (allow 2-4 weeks for delivery)
- Receive secondary sport accident insurance
- Participate in lessons, performances, competitions, and all activities associated with Learn to Skate USA.
* Plus applicable processing and handling fee.
The Benefits through the Extreme Ice Center: All Extreme Ice Center Learn to Skate participants will receive five virtual passes associated with their account. All enrolled skaters are required to check-in at the front desk to receive a wrist band before entering the ice. All passes will expire on the day of the last semester. No exceptions.
If a U.S. Figure Skating, USA Hockey or US Speedskating member is taking classes in a Learn to Skate USA program, they would also need to register as a member of Learn to Skate USA, as membership is required to access all Learn to Skate USA materials and the resources necessary to fully enjoy your skating experience. www.learntoskateusa.com
IN HOUSE BASIC SKILL COMPETITION OPPORTUNITY FOR LTS USA PARTICIPANTS!!!
Did you know?
As a Learn to Skate Participant at The Extreme Ice Center, You are eligible to participate in our Basic Skill In House Competition!
2022 “Spring Fever” Competition – Registration is Open!
Ask your Instructor for details on how YOU can participate!
Participation applications are available at the XIC Information Counter & on our website…
Extreme Ice Center Skating School
In House Competition
at the… Extreme Ice Center
4705 Indian Trail-Fairview Rd
Indian Trail, NC 28079
Competition Event Date: Sunday, May 22, 2022
Application Deadline: April 22, 2022
Special Olympian and Adaptive Participants, please see your instructor for information/instructions.